Cascade Built, the award-winning builder and developer of Seattle’s first passive house has completed Valley 3, its third project in Seattle’s Madison Valley neighborhood along the alley between John and Thomas on 27th Ave. Built to surpass Built Green 4* certification with the integration of Passive House airtight construction principles, Valley 3 is a modern triad composed of 3-story / 3 bedroom / 3 bath homes — one 2,300 square foot single family home, which faces 27th Ave, and two 1,750 square foot townhomes situated along the alley.
Valley 3’s unique design includes a reclaimed brick paver pathway — salvaged from another nearby project — which connects each of the three homes to the street, and an exposed steel beam separating the single family home’s open kitchen and living space. Additional finishes include sealed concrete floors, sustainable countertops, radiant heat bathroom floors and contemporary stainless steel Energy Star appliances. Valley 3’s concrete and wood façade blends well with the neighborhood’s mixed traditional and contemporary design esthetic. Each home also provides considerable outdoor amenities including a private rooftop deck with neighborhood views, and onsite parking prewired for electric car charging.
Valley 3’s airtight construction reduces heating and cooling costs by approximately 50%. For future homeowners this energy performance translates into a substantial savings on heating and cooling and an increase in thermal comfort — even on cool, damp days.
Madison Valley is known for its walkability, boasting a Walk Score of 85. Valley 3 is located steps from the Madison Valley retail corridor, great restaurants, parks, transit and a short distance to Capitol Hill’s vibrant Pike/Pine neighborhood.
Valley 3’s green features include:
- Built to surpass Built Green 4* certification
- Airtight construction consistent with Passive House
- Milgard high performance windows
- Healthy indoor air quality with non-toxic finishes and zero VOC paint throughout
- State of the art energy efficient heating and ventilation system that maintains fresh air
- Durable construction with long lasting, maintenance-free materials and finishes
- Xeriscape landscaping with drought tolerant, native plants
- Minisplit for added heating and cooling efficiency