Bonjour Gourmands, Friends, Supporters, and Customers,
We miss you a lot! It has been about 45 days since we closed both Luc and Loulay and we are slowly adapting to our new life. Social media is not replacing seeing you, talking with you live in person, however, it has also reminded us how much we value our friends, family, and all of you.
We want to be a part of your celebration, birthday, anniversary, Mother’s Day, going away party, company party, and more.
Since Mother’s Day is coming soon! We know how important Mom is and we do not want to forget her. Kathy, of “Flowerworks,” our in-house very talented florist (and the mother of our two boys) has created a beautiful floral arrangement with a Spring tone (see the details below) that would make a nice gift. Since I have been homebound, I have been playing in the kitchen a bit more trying my hands at bread baking and more. I will bake some brown butter, orange madeleines to accompany the creative arrangement. There will be a very limited quantity available.
For each arrangement, we will give back $5.00 to Food Lifeline which will generate 25 meals in a time where help, to fight hunger in America is, more needed than ever.
We are working slowly on figuring out what to do next with both our restaurants, we will inform you of our findings as soon as we know.
We hope you all stay healthy and strong. We miss you all, looking forward to seeing you again soon.
Thierry & Kathy Rautureau
The Seattle Kitchen Podcast
Please join me and Chef Tom Douglas on Patreon to listen in to a live filming of our radio show. Simply create an account on Patreon and under Larj Media you can join in on our show! We tape weekly. We’d love for you to join, so grab a cup of coffee, and we’ll see you weekly for an exclusive behind the scenes look at our taping. You'll even have the opportunity to ask the chefs questions and virtually interact with the show! Please share with friends. Your support helps us keep our long-time tradition of our radio show alive during these times. We hope to provide entertainment that will uplift you and engage you and your loved ones!
From April 9 to April 23, Body & Brain is offering free virtual yoga and taichi classes.
“With everyone working together to protect ourselves and each other from the spread of COVID-19, we thought it would be a perfect time to introduce your loved ones to our exercises. During this intense period of caution, concern and hardship for Washingtonians, we have decided to offer these classes free of charge.”
• Unlimited access to the 45-minute group classes. Classes are Monday - Saturday @ 12pm PST, from 4/9-4/23. They will be training with Master Maki from the Everett Center.
• Interactive feedback and instruction from Master Maki
• BnB Energy Yoga, Tai Chi, Breathing & Meditative exercises to brighten your days and enhance your overall well-being
The Music Factory is offering online and remote lessons. With more time on our hands, this is a great opportunity to learn music. Our amazing staff is available and ready to help you or your child stay mentally active and productive during this difficult time.
Now through May 15th we are offering a free, Single Lesson gift certificate to any brand-new students. You can gift a first-time lesson to another parent or prospective student, as well. With a laptop or mobile device, anyone can participate in a music lesson using video chat.
The Music Factory
The coronavirus has upended daily life for all of us. Since we closed a month ago out of concern for the health and safety of our guests and crew, we've regrouped and looked back to our roots for inspiration on how to move forward together, safely, through the months ahead.
Our new take out menu is filled with comfort food that travels well. We've included staples like the beet salad and brought back take out favorites from our early days like the tuna empanada. And Joey's cooking his fabulous paellas in three sizes. (It's great reheated the next day).
To keep everyone safe we've come up with a "no touch" ordering system. Just visit our website, select what you'd like from our Take-Out Menu, Marketplace, and Wine Shop, and pay from the comfort of your couch. We'll call you to confirm a pick-up time and when you arrive just call from your car and we'll run your order out to the copper tables under our awning. All orders must be placed before 10:00 a.m. on the day of pick up. We will update the website each day around noon to start taking orders for the following day.
We're so grateful for all of the messages of support we've gotten over this past month and a special thank you to all of you who've purchased gift cards. Those dollars really matter to this small business. We look forward to the day we can invite all of you back into our cozy dining rooms, but until then we'll get through this crisis together, one tapa at a time.
Visit Our Website to Place Your Orders
A Few Practical Details:
• All prices on our menu include applicable sales tax. If you'd like to show your appreciation, you may do so by clicking the heart on our "Gift Cards & Gratuities" page.
• Payment can be made with Visa, Mastercard or AMEX. We are not able to process gift cards for take-out orders.
The expiration date for The Promotional Gift Vouchers that were purchased in December will be extended once we are back in full operation.
• Limited direct porch delivery in the neighborhood is available by our staff for a $5.00 fee. To maintain the safest experience possible, we will not be contracting with any delivery APPS or allowing 3rd party pick-ups. This is for everyone's health and safety.
• Some menu items require reheating and meats in "meal kits" require cooking. See the order page for each item's at home instructions.
• Paella will be cooked to order and served in the traditional paella pan. A $15.00 refundable deposit is included in the price of each paella. Please return the paella pan with your name on it to the box outside our side door Wednesday - Saturday from 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. to receive your refund.
The Harvest Vine
2701 E. Madison St. Seattle, WA. 98112