An afternoon of public festivities will celebrate the opening of the new Loop Trail in Washington Park Arboretum on April 8 from noon to 3.
There will be a ribbon-cutting, live music, free snacks, food trucks, and fun activities all along the 2-mile loop.
- 1 p.m. “Vine-cutting” ceremony at the Birch Parking Lot (Lake WA Blvd & E Interlaken Ave), adjacent the Loop Trail
- A performance by the Husky Marching Band Drumline.
- Educational activities for kids hosted by UW Botanic Gardens, plus the opportunity to learn about field trips, camps, and more!
- Stroller and bike decoration station
- Activity nodes at various locations around the Loop
- Live music from Gansango (West African), Marc Smason & One Love (New Orleans), and Evan McPherson (classical guitar)
- Food trucks: 314 Pie, Chicago West, Thai-U-Up, Lil J’s Super Dawgs
- Talk and book signing with outdoors writer and guidebook author Craig Romano
- Free snacks, artists-at-work, and more!
Parking at the Arboretum will be very limited during the Loop Trail event. Please consider coming by bike, foot, or public transportation.