This is a friendly reminder to join us at this month’s West Approach Bridge North (WABN) monthly public meeting on December 7 in Seattle. At this meeting, we will provide a presentation and opportunity to learn more about current WABN construction activities, as well as the next phase of SR 520 construction, known as the Montlake Phase. The Montlake Phase, which is scheduled to begin in 2018, includes the West Approach Bridge South (WABS) and Montlake lid and land bridge.
The project team plans to provide a PowerPoint presentation with key project updates. Meeting attendees will also be able to ask questions regarding this next phase of SR 520 construction in Seattle.
West Approach Bridge North (WABN) topics we plan to cover include:
1. Upcoming weekend closure of SR 520 from 11 p.m. Dec. 9, to 5 a.m. Dec. 12
2. Overview of 2016 WABN construction progress
3. Look ahead to upcoming 2017 WABN milestones, including the opening of the WABN structure to traffic, scheduled for summer 2017
Key Montlake Phase topics we plan to cover include:
1. SR 520 Program and Rest of the West project overview
2. Timeline and next steps for the Montlake Phase of construction
3. Montlake Market property status update
4. An update and look ahead for the Neighborhood Traffic Management Plan that is being developed to address neighborhood traffic concerns and improve safety and mobility during and after construction
5. Recent and upcoming public involvement opportunities including an update on next steps for our recent frontline neighbor outreach
Date: Wednesday, December 7
Time: 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. (presentation begins at 5:35 p.m.)
Location: Graham Visitors Center
Address: 2300 Arboretum Drive East, Seattle, WA 98112
We hope you can join us for this meeting! We look forward to continuing to share information with you as we move forward with building a new, safer and more reliable SR 520 corridor in Seattle.